0

PREVIOUSLY IN EPISODE 5

I quickly rushed towards him. I knelt down and started shaking him while crying and screaming his name. “Jose!” No response.

“Jose my love!” He did not move. “Somebody heeelp” I shouted. There was still no motion.

“Joseeeee!”

EPISODE 6

I shouted on top of my voice. Still he showed no sign of motion. I tried to shake him. He was stiff. Stiff like a tree trunk. I looked at his face, it was pale. Foam had increased around his mouth. I could not control my tears. I was like a mad person whose madness had just increased by a thousand percentage. I stood up not knowing what to do next. My head span like a whirlwind. I scratched my hair while making endless movements in the room. I tried to look around, hoping for a miracle to happen. A miracle that would make me find Jose’s insulin. I went straight to his suitcase. Everything had been removed from it. I tried to dip my hands an every possible opening that the suitcase had. There was nothing. I knelt down, turned back and locked at Jose. I was surprised to see him turn and lay by his left side. I saw him stretch his legs, hands and neck tightly. Then his eyes become white as he started shaking and trembling. He passed out more foam than I had ever seen before. I don’t know how but I found myself just beside him. Trying to hold his rather numb hand.
“Jose, ni Janet please. Jose listen to me. Usikufe!!” I shouted while holding his hands. His fingers were stiff. It seemed as though he was hearing me. He was trying to open his mouth but it was hard for him.
“Jose please ongea.. Please say something.” I kept on shouting. Still no word came out of him.  I was confused. I didn’t know what to do. Foam increased around his mouth. It started to drop on the floor. Slowly his eyes started closing. The little motion he was making stated decreasing. ‘Is he dying?’ I wondered as tears kept rolling down my cheeks.
I looked at Jose. My dying Jose. Pain ran down my spine as I saw the innocence in him. He was suffering for something he had no idea of. I wished I had never met him. Maybe I would have saved him from the pain and suffering he was going through. I hated Frank, Kate Beth and Jose’s roommate. They were real animals. How could they have done this? Why could they have made us go through all these? I felt like bursting. I watched Jose as he struggled to take his final breath. I wished I could have a chance to save him. I now started to cry loudly. My voice increased as Jose’s breath decrease. I pitied him.
My mind flashed back to the happy moments we shared. The hugs, kisses, listening to our best hits, the outings, the hill climbing while at his home, the races we took together, the promises he made to me and those that i made to him. I did not want to watch him die. Jose was dying knowing that am a betrayer. I had no chance to explain to him. I had broken his heart. I had failed him. I wished I had agreed to convince Clara. For that I could have saved him. What about the baby in her? I was torn into a million pieces. My head become hot. I almost collapsed. All I wanted was to get out of the room. Never to come back again.
I slowly knelt and bent my head, kissed Jose’s forehead and stood up. I made three steps towards the door then turned and looked at him. He laid there motionless. The innocent soul of my lover, brother, better half, friend, companion and listener had been taken away. It was my time to think on how I will save myself from the trap, save Clara and save the innocent soul in her. I looked at Jose for the last time. I could hear the voice of some dogs barking from the other side of the school. The whole hostel was silent. It was as though everyone was aware that Jose was no more. I turned again and faced the door, I hoped no one would see me come from Jose’s room. I prayed not to be seen because that could have increased the number of witnesses proving that I had indeed killed Jose.
“Jose nisamehe. Lakini usiwasamehe wao. Hope ukifika huko utanisaidia kufight. Bye my love. May God lead you to eternal peace” I said as I whipped my eyes. I reached the door and pulled it using my left hand. My right hand was on the switch on the wall next to the door. I switched off the lights and quickly stepped out of the room.
My heart almost came into a stop when my forehead come into direct contact with someone’s forehead. It was dark outside the door. The security light was off. I almost emptied my bladder when I felt a wide hand grab me by the mouth and pulled me. I tried to scream but the rough hand was very energetic. I tried to get myself out of the hands but my efforts bore no fruits. I was pulled like a paper and suddenly I heard a worm breath near my right ear then followed a whisper. “Janet, please corporate. Nataka kukuhelp”
I quickly recognized the voice. It was Dan, Jose’s roommate. I almost bust into a loud scream but my mouth had been tightly covered. I tried to break loose from his hands but he quickly pushed me towards the door. He held me using one hand and pushed the door with the other hand. After opening the door, he heavily pushed me inside the room that I stopped near the place Jose was lying. He then quickly followed. He reached the switch and turned on the lights. I quickly turned and looked at him. He seemed shocked and terrified. He looked at Jose, then looked at me. He shook his head.
“Acha kujifanya umeshtuka Dan. Ni nyinyi mmeua Jose!” I told him while crying. “Yaani Dan unaezafanyia roommate wako hivi? Heaven and earth will never forgive you” I said as I whipped my tears. “Umesahau all the many times Jose alikuhelp?”
“Jose Amekufa!” Dan shouted as he ran towards Jose. He then bent down and started shaking him. “Jose, Jose pliz. Sikujua itafika hapa. Amka man. Joseee! Acha hizi man” He kept calling as he shook him. Sweat started dripping from his forehead. He was confused. “Janet come inisave tumuamshe!” He pleaded with me. Tears had started flowing down his cheeks. “Janet si ukam pliz” He insisted.
“Dan there is nothing you can do to save him. Mshamuua. Uliiba insulin yake. Stop pretending that you care” I said as I cried. I quickly bent where Jose was. Dan lifted his eyes and looked at me. His eyes had already turned red. “Ni Frank na akina Beth. Walisema tunakutisha t undo ucorperate” He told me. He was on his knees but still trembling that I thought he would fall.
“Eeeh. Ndo nicorperate kuua. Hata sasa mmoja ashakufa. Na wengi watakufa including me. and you know that Dan. Stop playing an angel,” I told him.
“Si mimi Janet. Mimi Frank Alinipa tu tenga mbili akanishoo nichukuwe insulin na simu ya Jose then tutarudisha. Ati ilikuwa kukutishia tu Janet!” Dan cried. “Si mimi aki. Si idea yangu plz.”
“Pia wewe Dan. You were in the plan and you helped them. The blood of Jose is on you. “ I told him as I raised my head. I thought of revenge. I wanted the people responsible to pay for their mistakes. And I had Dan with me. I was angry with him. He played innocent but he was one of them. Maybe he was just terrified that Jose was dead. Maybe he did not expect the deal to reach that extend. Or he may had just came back to plant more evidence so that they could frame me more and more. The thought of him bringing more evidence made me mad. I rather go in prison for a crime I committed than be framed. I decided to deal with him there and then.
I turned and looked back. My eyes landed on my handbag. That is when I remembered that I had forgotten my handbag in the room. I rushed and grabbed it. I then rushed to my phone and pressed some buttons. All was set. I then tried to look around the room. I saw a one liter coca cola bottle at the other corner. The bottle was empty. I turned and threw a glance at Dan. He was still playing innocent. He had bent on Jose trying to perform some miracles on him which I did not care. I walked straight to the far end and firmly grabbed the bottle of soda. I turned and at a speed of lightning, I ran towards him. My aim being to smash his round head with the bottle. He had to answer some questions before I kill him.
Within no time, I was beside him. He did not raise his head. He had bent on Jose’s chest with his left ear down. He was probably trying to listen to Jose’s heartbeat. I looked at him. I did not view him as Dan anymore. I viewed him as an enemy. Just like Frank, Beth, Kate and the other guy. Despite to the fact that he behaved as though he was regretting his actions. As though he was on my side, I had no trust in him. Not after him betraying my love. My only love, Jose. I now viewed him as a murderer. And once a killer, always a killer. All I wanted to do was eliminate him. I quickly raised the bottle high above and looked at him. I aimed his head. I then closed my eyes ready to kill. I was sure that the bottle would kill him. I would silently count one to three before I could call his name and order him to answer some questions. What if he’d fight back? I thought. I decided not to ask him. I would only silently count one to three then knock his head on the count of three.
Before I said three and land the bottle on him, he quickly jumped up and shouted. “Janet, Janet, Jose hajakufa! Anabreath! Nimesikia heartbeat”
CONTINUED...
IF YOU LOVE IT, SHARE IT BY CLICKING BELOW

Post a Comment

 
Top